Dyson is a huge name in the vacuum cleaner industry, and they have been since their founding in 1991 by James Dyson. The engineer helped the brand revolutionize vacuums with its cyclonic filtering system and bagless dirt collection bins. Although Dyson originally manufactured upright vacuums, they have now branched into other types of vacuums and even other home products.
Today you will find canister vacuums, cordless stick vacuums, and products like blow dryers and space heaters for sale from the brand. All of these products are top of the line and have a price tag to go along with that reputation. However, if you have the money, then a Dyson vacuum, especially the V7 Animal is totally worth the expense. Read the rest of this article to find out why.
What is the Dyson V7 Animal?
Dyson began its production of cordless stick vacuums in 2015 with the DC72 and the V6. The manufacturer quickly saw the value in continuing to create these helpful products, and so moved on in 2016 to the V8. In 2017 Dyson then released the V7.
Yes, the number switch can be confusing—eight comes before seven in the V models. However, keeping the two cordless stick vacuums straight is actually not that hard. Dyson’s V8 was a slightly more powerful and definitely more expensive model. The V7 is based on the design of the V8, but the battery does not last as long, and the motor is not as powerful. The battery only runs for about thirty minutes where the battery on the V8 runs for forty minutes.
Additionally, the V7 is lighter than both the V6 and V8. But, it has a less powerful motor, which creates that weight difference. The V7 Animal only produces 21 air watts of power, where the V8 produces 22 air watts and the V6 produces 28 air watts. But, the longer runtime on the V7 Animal as opposed to the V6 and the larger dirt collection bin and great attachment options make the V7Animal a great choice for most people.
PROS & CONS
The V7 Animal is just one of many great cordless stick vacuums from Dyson. It comes with a lot of pros, but there are a few cons as well. We will discuss both in this section.
- The Dyson V7 Animal includes all the attachments you need to clean your home and pick up after pets. It comes with a normal dirt-drive motorhead, mini motorhead, mini soft dusting brush, combination tool, crevice tool, and wall-mounted docking station.
- The V7 Animal is lighter than the V8 and the V6, which makes it easier to carry this stick vacuum to any mess anywhere in your home. Plus, more people can use the V7 Animal easily.
- Dyson still offers the V7 Animal and other V7 cordless stick vacuums for sale directly. You can go through a third party seller if you wish, but it is not required as it is for the V6.
- Because of its less power and shorter runtime, the V7 is more affordable than the V8, and especially the newer V10 and V11 products. Now the cost is greatly determined by the attachments and package you pick. Still, the lower cost of this model opens up the option for more people to afford a Dyson vacuum.
- Any newer Dyson vacuum will be more expensive than other brands like Shark or Eureka. And, the V7 Animal is no different in this regard. Because of a large number of attachments included, it is actually one of the more expensive V7s available.
- The motor on the V7 Animal is less powerful than both the V6 and V8.
- If you need a long runtime, you will need to look elsewhere. The V7 only runs for about thirty minutes when using a non-motorized tool.
What types of flooring does the Dyson V7 Animal clean?
Like many of the Dyson products, the V7 Animal will clean almost any type of flooring or surface. The included motorhead has stiff nylon bristles that excel in removing caked-on dirt from carpets. However, the motorhead will also clean any hard floor without causing damage. And, the smaller amount of power means that you may be able to use the V7 Animal on some high pile carpets. Just proceed carefully in that regard.
All of Dyson’s cordless stick vacuums can be converted into a handheld vacuum as well, and the V7 Animal is no different in this regard. In fact, because of the large number of attachments included in the Animal package, you can clean even more surfaces than normal. The soft dusting brush is especially good for cleaning food-related messes or being used on delicate furniture or upholstery.
Who would benefit from the Dyson V7 Animal?
If you have a pet (or pets), or if you need a lot of different types of attachments, then the Dyson V7 Animal is likely the vacuum for you. Because of the lower price tag on this vacuum in comparison to other Dyson products, you can have a medium budget and still afford the V7 Animal. Plus, Dyson tends to run good sales on their cordless stick vacuums, so keep your eyes out for those.
The Dyson V7 Animal does more than just clean up pet messes. It is a versatile stick and handheld vacuum that comes with a large number of attachments and has the ability to clean almost any surface in your home. Don’t expect this product to have the most power out there or to run for very long. However, its lightweight nature and lower price still make the V7 Animal a great choice for many people. Whether you are a Dyson fan or are new to the brand’s products, you need to try the V7 Animal for yourself today.