Dyson Ltd. Was founded in England in 1991 by James Dyson. The brand has specialized in vacuums since its founding. However, in recent years they have split off to include hair care and other electric products. Still is it their vacuums, especially their cordless stick vacuums, that the brand is famous for manufacturing.Although it is an older model, the Dyson V6 Vacuum illustrates everything that makes a Dyson cordless stick vacuum popular. Read on to find out more about this great product and whether or not it is right for you.
What is the Dyson V6 Vacuum?
The Dyson V6 vacuum was first released in 2015. It replaced the first Dyson cordless stick vacuum, the DC72, that was only released in certain countries. The Dyson V6 product line uses the Dyson V6 motor, which is where it gets its name. There were a number of different V6 models that came with different sets of attachments.
As one of the first cordless stick vacuums by Dyson, the run time and some of the other aspects of the product are not as advanced as the more recent models. And, while Dyson still supports the V6, the company no longer sells this vacuum directly. Still, the V6 is an older product means that it will be more affordable. Still if you are on a restricted budget, the Dyson V6 may not be for you. It is not a cheap machine even now.
Pros and Cons
The Dyson V6 comes with its own set of pros and cons. Let’s address each in more depth. This investigation will allow you to decide whether the V6 is the right product for you or not.
- It is cord-free, which increases then versatility and usefulness. You can easily use the V6 vacuum for any spot cleaning requirements or to even clean a small space like an apartment.
- Because the V6 vacuum is an older model it is not as expensive as a new Dyson cordless stick vacuum.
- You receive the different attachment choices that come with all Dyson stick vacuums. This option allows you to customize your purchase to your own requirements.
- The included attachments allow the V6 to clean almost any surface type.
- The HEPA filter is washable, which means less expensive because you don’t have to continuously purchase new filters for the vacuums.
- The V6 weighs only about five pounds. The lightweight nature of the vacuum increases its versatility, as does its ability to convert into a hand vacuum.
- Dyson no longer sells the V6 vacuum on its website. In fact, the V6 is only available from third-party sellers on sites like Amazon.
- Even though the V6 is less expensive than Dyson’s newer models, it is still quite pricey and may be out of range of people on a budget.
- The V6 vacuum is not nearly as powerful as Dyson’s newer models. Plus, it only has twenty minutes of continuous runtime, which is about half as much as the V8 cordless stick vacuum.
What types of flooring does the Dyson V6 clean?
The Dyson V6 cordless stick vacuum will clean almost any floor or surface type. You may want to be a little careful using it on a high pile or shag carpets. Carpets with long fibers need a specialized vacuum to clean them safely. However, any low or medium pile carpet, hard flooring, upholstery, and more can be cleaned by the V6.
That Dyson includes a number of different attachments increases the number of surface types that the V6 cleans. For example, the motorized cleaner head will clean all floor types. But, the combination tool works best in crevices and other surfaces like upholstery and stairs.
Because the V6 easily converts to a handheld vacuum, it can be used to clean a variety of surface types that upright or canister vacuums cannot. Therefore, you can use the V6 to clean stairs easily and safely. Check here www.larsadditions.com. It can also be used to clean the corners of your ceiling. And, it will even help you clean out your car.
Who would benefit from the Dyson V6?
If you are someone who’s been longing for a Dyson vacuum but cannot afford their more recent models, then you need to try the Dyson V6. It has been holding steady at under $300 in price, which makes it a good choice for people on a medium budget. If you have a tight budget, you may want to consider another brand, as all of Dyson’s products and air conditioners at Gustave A. Larson are a medium price range or higher.
Also, if you live in a small location or have a lot of small messes around your home, then the Dyson V6 may be the right vacuum for you. Because it only has twenty minutes of cleaning time per battery charge, it cannot clean an entire large home in one sitting. But, apartments, kitchen messes, or stair cleaning are all activities where the V6 vacuum excels.
Jennifer is a work-from-home freelance writer, editor, and dog mom. So, like Angela, she understands how important it is to keep her floors clean. Jennifer currently lives in a home with carpet and tile floors. Therefore, she is an expert in cleaning those specific types of floors.
When you don’t find Jennifer at her computer writing and editing, you will see her with a vacuum in hand. She greatly appreciates the chance to provide content for this website with Angela and looks enjoys spreading her floor cleaning knowledge with the world.