As we’ve mentioned in some of our other reviews of Dyson products, the brand became famous through its innovative upright vacuum design. Before Sir James Dyson founded the company in 1991, vacuums were typically upright, bagged, and heavy. Dyson’s design was revolutionary because it created a bagless dirt collection bin and used cyclonic power to keep the motor suction power steady.
Since 2015 Dyson has further revolutionized its upright vacuum design by creating their patented ball technology. Traditional upright vacuums were made of two parts: the upper part with the dirt collection bin and the lower part with the motor and cleaning head. The ball technology splits up those two-part by adding a ball in between. The ball allows for a greater range of motion in the vacuum, the product can even swivel around furniture and corners.
What is the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2?
The first vacuum to use Dyson’s ball technology was the Small Ball. The Cinetic Big Ball, Ball, and Light Ball lines soon followed. However, in 2017, Dyson updated all of their ball upright vacuums by creating the Ball 2 line.
The Ball 2 line of upright vacuums come in a number of different models. You can choose from the Ball Animal 2 Total Clean, the Ball Animal 2, and the plain Ball Multi Floor 2. The major difference between each of these three models is the number of accessories, and thus the price. The Ball Animal 2 Total Clean comes with the most accessories, while the Ball Multi Floor 2 comes with the least, but it is also the least expensive of the three.
In the rest of this article, we will concentrate our discussion on the Ball Multi Floor 2. This Dyson upright vacuum has a large forty-two-gallon dirt collection bin. The electrical cord is thirty-one feet, which means you can clean a lot before having to find a new outlet. Also, the updates Dyson includes the Ball Multi Floor 2 make its motor more powerful and the vacuum itself is more lightweight than its predecessors.
Pros and Cons
As one of the most recent models of Dyson upright vacuum, the Ball Multi Floor 2 has very few cons, but there are a couple. We will discuss both the pros and cons of this section in order to give you a well-rounded view of the entire vacuum.
- This is one of the most recent Dyson upright vacuum models. Therefore, you can still purchase this vacuum from Dyson directly.
- The Ball Multi Floor 2 is the least expensive of the vacuums in the Ball 2 line. Its price is consistently under $300, which opens up the product to people on a semi-strict budget.
- The efficiency of this upright vacuum is much improved. The powerful motor picks up even the finest dust particles. Also, the cleaning head is self-adjusting depending on the floor type, which ensures maximum dirt collection.
- The Ball Multi Floor 2 only weighs 15.6 lbs., which is fairly light for an upright vacuum. Its lightweight nature makes this product easier to maneuver throughout your home.
- By updating the ball technology used in the Ball Multi Floor 2, Dyson has made it even easier to turn the vacuum on a dime and maneuver it through difficult and cramped locations.
- The Ball Multi Floor 2 does not come with many accessories for a Dyson product. Only the combination tool and stair tool are standard. So, if you need more attachments or especially to have pet messes to clean, then you will need to go with a more expensive model.
- Although the self-adjusting brush roll works on most surfaces, it will not clean the high pile carpet well. To clean these types of carpets you will need to purchase another separate attachment.
What types of flooring does the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 clean?
Dyson claims that their self-adjusting brush roll seals completely on the carpet, wood vinyl, and tile. This is a huge improvement because it means that the vacuum maintains suction no matter the surface type. Earlier Dyson vacuums did a good job not damaging different types of floors, but the Ball Multi Floor 2 will clean each equally.
Who would benefit from the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2?
If you need a high-powered and versatile upright vacuum, then you will enjoy the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2. Perhaps you have had the first iteration of the Ball vacuums for multiple years and are ready to upgrade. Then the Ball Multi Floor 2 is the product for you.
People with large homes will love the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 as well since it has an extra-long electrical cord and dirt collection bin. Now, vacuuming your entire home has never been easier. Yet, if you have a lot of different flooring surfaces or high pile carpet, you may want to consider a model with more attachments.
Dyson just keeps getting better. The brand is known for its innovations. So, it is no surprise that their updated upright vacuums always set new standards for efficiency, power, and cleanliness. Dyson products are truly a smart investment.
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 illustrates what makes this manufacturer great. It is certified asthma and allergy-friendly. Plus, it even comes with a five-year warranty and is nowhere near as expensive as some of Dyson’s other products. For a good basic but a still modern upright vacuum, you need to try the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2.
Jennifer is a work-from-home freelance writer, editor, and dog mom. So, like Angela, she understands how important it is to keep her floors clean. Jennifer currently lives in a home with carpet and tile floors. Therefore, she is an expert in cleaning those specific types of floors.
When you don’t find Jennifer at her computer writing and editing, you will see her with a vacuum in hand. She greatly appreciates the chance to provide content for this website with Angela and looks enjoys spreading her floor cleaning knowledge with the world.